Arch Street Preschool1726 Arch St
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Age Group: 2.5-5 years
Born out of Arch Street Presbyterian Church, Arch Street Preschool is a place where children can play and grow. At Arch Street Preschool, children are at the heart of what we do; therefore our curriculum is child-centered and play-based to give young learners choices based upon their interests. These core components guide our school:
- Diversity: We welcome and value differences as learning opportunities. Our school is built on a Christian foundation as we encourage children to love themselves and one another. By design, our program draws families from a wide range of economic and cultural backgrounds.
- Discovery: Children naturally want to explore their environment so we encourage a sense of wonder and give children voice and choice in their learning. We invite children to consider the world around them during self-directed playtime, outdoor play experiences and field trips to engage the city’s cultural resources. As children investigate the world, we instill a desire to love and care for the earth and its people.
- Play: Our curriculum is play-based as play is the primary means by which a child explores the world, investigates its properties and builds an understanding about how the world works. Ample time is given for indoor and outdoor free play daily, weather permitting. Staff supervision is used for educational interaction guided by the child’s interests, questions and needs. We believe a child’s work is play.
Programs are for children 2.5 years through age 5.
Related Category: Day Cares / Preschools
Nearby Cultural Institutions:
- One Liberty Observation Deck (887 feet S)
- The Galleries At Moore (0.21 miles NW)
- Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts (0.30 miles E)