Center City's public elementary schools present a variety of options for families. According to School District policy, parents living within a particular public elementary school's boundaries can send their children to their neighborhood school by applying at any time. To find your neighborhood school visit the K-8 Public Schools Boundary Map page.
Registration is required for:
- All Kindergarten students
- Children who have moved to another city neighborhood over the summer
- Children new to Philadelphia
- Children transferring in from private, parochial and charter schools
Visit your neighborhood school to register your child and be sure to bring:
- Child’s birth certificate
- Child’s up-to-date immunization records
- Child’s last report card (not necessary for Kindergarten students)
- Current proof of address in the parent or legal guardian’s name
Current proof of address can be a:
- Gas bill
- Electric bill
- PA driver’s license
- PA vehicle registration
- Pay stub
- Voter Registration Card
For information on applying to schools outside of your catchment, visit the School District’s website, or the Office of Student Placement at 215-400-4290.
Special note from the Philadelphia School District about neighborhood elementary and middle schools: In an effort to increase transparency and present viable school options, the District will examine the enrollment trends and building utilization of every neighborhood elementary and middle school to create a list of schools that have available seats to receive out-of-boundary students. Families can choose up to five schools from the list to apply to for Fall 2014 admission. Please be advised that any requests for neighborhood elementary/middle schools that do not appear on the list will be automatically declined. To view the list of PSD public schools which will take transfers, click here [PDF].